Reach out to your sponsored child by sending a letter
Communicating with your sponsored child is key to learning about the conditions in their community and how your support is making a difference in their life. With that, HBI encourages sponsors to reach out to their sponsored children through letters, photos, and/or greeting cards.
This page offers a convenient way for sponsors to electronically send a short message, letter, and photos to their supported children.
Before you start typing and uploading your photos, here are some reminders:
- Decide first if you want to send a computerized letter or a scanned copy of an actual card or letter – you can do both in this page!
- If you want to send a scanned copy of a card or letter, write in a clean sheet of paper & decorate your letter as you please. Upload the scanned copy in the Attachment section.
- Think about what you should write in your letter. You can share recent happy incidents and memories you experienced with your family & friends. You can also motivate them to do better in school. Write about your hobbies & your interests, instead of talking about your personal possessions so that your sponsored child & their family can know more about who you are and not about what you own.
- Feel free to ask simple questions about your sponsored child’s studies, favorites, pastime, and friends.
- Do not try to cover too much ground in your first few letters. You will have many chances to write to your sponsored child so keep your letters simple but sincere.
- In the Subject Line, write your Sponsored Child’s Name and CSP Number (if you have it).